When you are a young mom, taking care of the baby occupies your whole day and even nights. You want to loose the pregnancy weight, get fit but there is no time to squeeze in a fitness regimen amidst feeding, cleaning, changing diapers and playing with the baby. If you are a young mom who wants to get back the pre-pregnancy fitness, we have listed some exercises that you can do with your baby.
Exercising increases your energy levels, stamina and strengthen your muscles.
1. Baby Overhead Press: You can squat down cross legged. Hold the baby in front of you with bent elbows. Raise your baby up (Like the Lion King pose when Simba is introduced) without locking your elbows. Pause for 5 sec and then lower down. Do 10 repetitions and 2 more sets with a minute break in between.
2. Baby Curl Ups: Lie down on your back with knees bent and feet flat on ground. Place the baby on your tummy. Lift your head and shoulders off the floor as you exhale. Do 15- 20 reps with rest in between.
3. Baby glute bridge: Hold your baby securely while lying down. Now move the pelvic area upwards to form a bridge. Hold for 5 seconds and come back down. Do 10 reps
4. Baby weight squats: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and feet outwards. You can hold the baby in your arms or in a baby carrier. Keeping your back straight, and squat keeping abdominal muscles tight. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Baby Dance: Dancing with baby is the perfect way to connect with baby while working on your fitness … that is why the phrase “ Dancing your way to fitness” . It is relaxing and you can set the pace that you are comfortable with. If you have a baby carrier, it will give you freedom to move your hands also.
6. Push ups: Place your baby on a mat and knees on the mat. Cross one leg over the other. Bring your face close to baby and then push back up. You can also practice plank in the same position.
For more insights for you baby / toddler visit our Learning Lab at www.proeves.com/learninglab.php