Activities for 2 year olds to do that are age appropriate aren’t always easy to find. We love easy toddler activities that spark a child’s interest, but don’t take much set up time. These are some of my favorite (and easy) toddler activities that can be put together quick and easy so the playing happens instantly. Perfect combo!
20 Easy Activities for 2 Year Olds
1. Fun Fine Motor Skill Practice Activities For 2 Year Olds
This simple fine motor activity grabs their attention and keeps them engaged. All you need are straws and a collander!
2. Color Matching Activities For 2 Year Olds
Color matching is a great way to start working on recognizing colors with your toddler. From A Mom With A Lesson Plan.
3. Interactive Zipper Board Idea For 2 Year Olds
Make an interactive zipper board by hot gluing a few zippers onto cardboard. From Laughing Kids Learn.
4. Super Fun Dinosaur Obstacle Course For 2 Year Olds
This dinosaur obstacle course is a lot of fun and a great way of getting some gross motor skills practice. From Craftulate.
5. Easy 3D Art Projects For Toddlers
Here is an easy 3D art project for toddlers to make. From Red Ted Art.
6. Great Fine Motor Skill Activities For 2 Year Olds
Sit them down with a pile of ribbons and a bottle and let them push them into the small opening. Great for motor skills. From Hands On As We Grow.
7. Fun and Easy Activity For 2 Year Olds: Indoor Tennis
Grab some balloons and make your own racquets from paper plates and paint stirrers for indoor tennis! From Toddler Approved.
8. Fine Motor Skill DIY Toys For Toddlers
This DIY toy helps toddlers develop fine motor skills through play with an empty water bottle and toothpicks.
9. Letter Activities For 2 Year Olds
Introduce them to the alphabet by letting them stamp with letter cookie cutters. From No Time for Flash Cards.
10. Fun Sensory Activities For Toddlers
Make a package of jello and add some little figurines inside for your kids to dig out after it sets. From Tinkerlab.
11. Educational Playdough Activities For 2 Year Olds
Grab a few toy animals and action figures and press their feet into play dough while your child isn’t looking. Then, have them try to figure out which one left the footprint!
12. Color Sorting Game That Is Easy For 2 Year Olds
Fill a bowl with pom poms and then let your kids pick through and sort them by color in an ice cube tray. From Buggy and Buddy.
13. Fun and Easy Water Activities For 2 Year Olds
A simple activity like pouring water (in the bath or outside) can help them learn with some fun. From Hands On As We Grow.
14. Easy Painting Activities For 2 Year Olds
Easily paint a little yellow chick by dipping a loofah into some paint and pressing it onto paper! From Meaningful Mama.
15. More Fun and Easy Art Activities For Toddlers
Art with no paint! On a warm day, fill a bucket of water and let them use paint brushes and sponges to paint your sidewalk or deck. From No Time for Flash Cards.
16. Delicious and Fun Fruit Loop Necklace Making Activity For 2 Year Olds
Make some pretty (and delicious) jewelry by stringing fruit loops onto some yarn. From Hillmade.
17. Easy DIY Paper Plate Puzzles For Two Year Olds
Use paper plates to make simple puzzles for kids. From Laughing Kids Learn.
18. Fun Letter Activities For Two Year Olds
Write the alphabet in permanent marker on a cookie sheet and then let your kids match each with magnet letters. From Apples and ABCs
19. Fun and Easy Stamping Activities For 2 Year Olds
Shape empty toilet paper rolls into a heart, square, diamond etc. to make your own paint stamps. From The Imagination Tree.
20. Easy Edible Finger Paint Activity For Toddlers
Let them finger paint without worrying about then licking their fingers after with this homemade edible paint.
More Activities For Two Year Olds From Kids Activities Blog
Which activities did your 2 year old enjoy the most? Tell us below, we’d love to hear from you!