BabyCenter selects products based on the research of our editors and the wisdom of parents in the BabyCenter Community. All prices and details are accurate at the time of publication. We may earn a commission from shopping links.
AmazonOpens a new window offers a completion discount of 15 percent, and there are relatively few excluded items (especially compared to other registries). That means that you can get 15 percent off of virtually any item that you buy from your own baby registry. This discount is a great way to save money on big purchases, like strollers and cribs.
There is some fine print that you’ll want to pay attention to:
- You can use your completion discount starting 60 days before the due date you entered when you signed up for your Amazon registryOpens a new window.
- Your registry has to have been active for at least 14 days before you’ll be eligible for the completion discount, even if you wait until right before your due date to create one. (This is likely to prevent people from creating baby registries with fake due dates just to get the completion discount.)
- You can use the discount for up to 90 days after your due date.
- You can only buy 50 items at a time. (If you want to get more than 50 items, you’ll have to place another order.)
- You can use your discount on a combined total bill of up to $2,000 – even if that’s over multiple orders — for a maximum of $300 off.
A link to redeem your completion discount should appear on your Baby Registry homepageOpens a new window once you’e eligible to start shopping with it.
Step-by-step instructions for how to redeem your Amazon completion discount
- Log in to the primary account used to create the Amazon registryOpens a new window. (You can’t use a completion discount while logged into the secondary account on the registry.)
- Go to your Amazon registry homepageOpens a new window, and look for the message that says you’re eligible to start using your completion discount. Remember: This won’t appear until 60 days before your due date.
- Click on the message to get to your “Completion Discount View.” If you’re having trouble finding this, members of our community say you can also click on the “Benefits” tab in your registry, scroll down to where it says “Registry Completion Discount” and click “Redeem Now.”
- This will take you to your “Completion Discount View,” which displays everything on your registry that’s eligible for the discount – so if something is exempt from the discount, it won’t show up.
- Add the items you’d like to purchase to your cart directly from your “Completion Discount View.”
- The completion discount will be applied to all eligible items when you check out. Note that if you use 1-click ordering on any of these items, the discount won’t be applied.
Pro tip: You can continue to add items to your registry after you become eligible for your completion discount! So in the 90 days after your due date (one the baby’s arrived and you realize what you still need), it’s a good idea to add anything from Amazon to your registry before you buy it and then follow the instructions above to see if you can use your completion discount on it. It’s an easy way to save money if you haven’t saved your full $300 yet!
Two other small notes: If you start a new baby registry on Amazon, you aren’t eligible for a completion discount on that registry until eight months after your first completion discount expires – a good thing to know in case you end up having babies close together. And if you return anything you bought with the discount, Amazon will subtract the value of your completion discount from your return credit.
Lots of parents-to-be sign up for multiple baby registries because they want to take advantage of the completion discounts at different retailers. If you end up doing this, remember that Registry Builder is a great place to manage everything in one place!
This article originally appeared on What to Expect.
Advertisement | page continues below