Earth Day Celebrations at W. 85th St. All My Children
The children at our 85th St. All My Children location celebrated our planet on Earth Day!
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world to raise awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment.
April 22 is a special day when we celebrate our beautiful planet! It’s a day to think about how to help keep our planet healthy and clean. We can do our part as we pick up litter, plant trees, and turn off lights when not using them.
We can also learn more about reducing our waste and using less energy. It is a great day to think about how we can all work together to care for our planet.
See some photos below from our classroom activities. We learned about our planet and why it is important to care for it. Look at the lovely artwork and crafts the children created!
Click on any 85th St. photo to enlarge it.
Check out these fun and educational Earth Day facts that kids will enjoy from The Roundup.
What can we do to help the planet?
1. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle: Reduce the amount of waste you create, reuse items whenever possible, and recycle materials to minimize the amount of waste that goes into landfills.
2. Conserve Energy: Turn off lights and appliances when not in use and unplug electronics when not in use.
3. Plant Trees: Planting trees helps reduce air pollution, provides habitat for wildlife, and helps to prevent soil erosion.
4. Use Sustainable Products: Look for products made from sustainable materials like bamboo and organic cotton.
5. Support Sustainable Companies: Support companies that are committed to sustainability and environmental protection.
See more photos and AMC happenings on our Facebook page. You can also find AMC on Instagram. Follow us!